Researcher II – Postdoc Research Fellow – Economic and Social History
UPOZORNĚNÍ: Platnost tohoto inzerátu již vypršela.
The Dean of the Faculty of Arts University of Ostrava announces the selection procedure ref. no. OU-4600/25-2021 for the position of a non-academic scholar
- a researcher II – Postdoc Research Fellow – Economic and Social History
Posílení vědeckých kapacit na OU II / Strengthening the university´s scientific capacities II, OP VVV, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0017856
12-month duration, full-time
Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava
Reální 3, 701 03 Ostrava - Moravská Ostrava, Czech Republic
Ostrava, Czech Republic
Gross monthly salary will be 84 518 CZK, it is approx. 3 130 EUR at the exchange rate of 27,00 CZK/EUR
Application opening: 1st February 2021
Application deadline: 2nd March 2021
Position opening: position is available from 1st April 2021 or by agreement
Additional information on the position:
The successful candidate will join one of the departments or research centres at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava focusing on research in economic and social history, more precisely in the following areas:
- The development of petrochemical industry in the 19th century in the Central and East Europe
- The process of modernization in austro-hungarian industry in the 19th century and at the turn of the 20th century in social and historical perspective
Specification of a successful candidate:
- In the past three years the candidate spent at least two years in another country than the Czech Republic on half-time or full-time job (work load 0,5 or more) or to study;
- The successful candidate will hold a PhD (no later than 7 years from the defence of the doctoral thesis inc. successful PhD exam) in the field History/Economic and Social History or his degree must correspond to level 8 of ISCD;
- Adequate publishing activity incl. at minimum two publications (WoS/Scopus/ERIH/monograph) in the last 3 years in the research fields mentioned above;
- Competences on researcher level R2 – for definition see Research profiles descriptors;
- Active knowledge of English (in both written and oral form), other languages (Russian language, Azerbaijani language or Ukrainian language) gain advantage;
- Experience in basic research in some of the above mentioned areas;
- International collaboration and academic stay experience;
- Ability to work in a team.
We also offer:
- 5 sick days;
- 30 days off;
- meal vouchers;
- TEP – sport activities.
- Consent to data processing 4,03 MB
- Curriculum vitae in English
- List of academic publications
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
- Detailed letter of intent in English
- Research project in the research field mentioned above in English
For further information, please contact Michaela Závodná.
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing of the submitted documents. The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of the selection (in English, due to the situation of COVID-19 could be in on-line form, e. g. Zoom, etc.). The employer is entitled to cancel the tender without giving any reasons or not to select any of candidates.