The Dean of the Faculty of Science University of Ostrava announces the selection procedure for the position of Junior Researcher/Postdoc at the Department of Chemistry
- Project: Global Experts
- 12-month duration, full-time
- Faculty of Science, University of Ostrava
- 30. dubna 22, 701 03 Ostrava - Moravská Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Exploring the potential of renewable organic resources for selective CO2 capture and wastewater treatment.
- Gross monthly salary will be 50,000 CZK, it is approx. 2,000 EUR at the exchange rate of 25 CZK /EUR
We also offer:
- 5 sick days;
- 30 days off;
- meal vouchers;
- TEP – sport activities.
- Application opening: March 1st, 2023
- Application deadline: April 1st, 2023
- Position opening: position is available from September 1st, 2023, or by agreement.
Specification of a successful candidate:
- Experience in the use of renewable organic resources for environmental remediation.
- Adequate publishing activity incl. at minimum two publications (WoS) as main (first, corresponding) author in the last 3 years in the field of renewable organic resources
- International collaboration and academic stay experience;
- Ability to work in a team.
The candidate will send the following documents to no later than April 1st, 2023.
- Curriculum vitae in English (incl. description of international experiences)
- List of publications
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
- Letter of intent in English
- Research project in English (see below)
The candidate is expected to provide research project (limited to one page A4, free form), in which summarizes his/her opinions/suggestions regarding the following:
- Which renewable organic resources can potentially be used for environmental remediation?
- Which strategies can be employed to functionalize the materials for their use in water treatment and CO2 sorption?
- How the efficiency of the proposed materials can be enhanced in comparison to the existing materials?
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Sonia Zulfiqar.
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing of the submitted documents. The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of the selection. The employer is entitled to cancel the tender without giving any reasons or not to select any of candidates.
Přírodovědecká fakulta OU
Ing. Linda Křívová
710 00 Ostrava – Slezská Ostrava
telefon: 553 46 2121