Postdoc Research Fellow / Junior Researcher – Chemistry
The Dean of the Faculty of Science of the University of Ostrava announces the selection procedure to fill the non-academic position at the Department of Chemistry
- Postdoc Research Fellow / Junior Researcher – Chemistry
Posílení vědeckých kapacit na OU II / Strengthening the university´s scientific capacities II, OP VVV, reg. No CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0017856
12-month duration, full-time
Faculty of Science, University of Ostrava, Department of Chemistry
30. dubna 22, 702 00 Ostrava - Moravská Ostrava, Czech Republic
Synthesis of hierarchically porous carbon monoliths
Gross monthly salary will be 63.050 CZK, which is approx. 2.335 EUR at the exchange rate of 27,00 CZK/EUR
We also offer:
- 5 sick days;
- 30 days off;
- meal vouchers;
- TEP – sport activities.
- Application opening: 12th October 2020
- Application deadline: 15th November 2020
- Position opening: position is available from 1st January 2021 or by agreement
Specification of a successful candidate:
- Experience in the synthesis of mesoporous carbons by sol-gel methods (including templating) and their testing/characterization.
- Adequate publishing activity incl. at minimum two publications (WoS) as main (first, corresponding) author in the last 3 years in the field of porous carbon.
- In the past three years the candidate spent at least two years in another country than the Czech Republic on half-time or full-time research job (work load 0,5 or more) or to study;
- PhD degree obtained abroad (outside the Czech Republic), not earlier than in 2015;
- International collaboration and academic stay experience;
- Active knowledge of English (both written and spoken), other languages gain advantage;
- Ability to work in a team.
- Curriculum vitae in English (incl. description of international experiences)
- List of publications
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
- Letter of intent in English
- Research project in English (see below)
- Consent to data processing
In 2018 a synthesis of carbonaceous monoliths with developed micro-, meso- and macroporosity was published (Bulavová, P.; Parmentier, J.; Slovák, V.: Microporous and mesoporous materials 272 (2018) 155-165). The candidate is expected to provide research project (limited to one page A4, free form), in which summarizes his/her opinions/suggestions regarding following two problems:
- How to reduce time needed for the synthetic procedure?
- How to increase size of mesopores in target material?
For further information, please contact associate professor Vaclav Slovak ().
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing of the submitted documents.
The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of the selection (in English, due to the situation of COVID-19 could be in the on-line form, e. g. Skype, etc.) The employer is entitled to cancel the tender without giving any reasons or not to select any of candidates.