Postdoc Research Fellow – Social Sciences (Sociology, Psychology)
- 6-month duration, full-time
- Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava
- Reální 5, 701 03 Ostrava - Moravská Ostrava, Czech Republic
- doc. Mgr. Robert Antonín, Ph.D.
- Gross monthly salary will be 65 000 CZ, it is approx. 2 549 EUR at the exchange rate of 25,5 CZ /EUR
- Application opening: 16th April 2018
- Application deadline: 15th May 2018
- Position opening: position is available from 1st September 2018 or by agreement
Additional information on the work position:
The successful candidate will join one of the departments or research centres at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava focusing on research in social sciences, more precisely in the following areas:
Sociology: in particular with regard to one of the following topics:
- different forms and mechanisms of social in- and exclusion of individuals or groups
- innovative methods concerning qualitative and/or quantitative research
- New media, social networks and their influence on individuals and their importance for society
- changing processes concerning labour and society: e.g. new forms of working contracts, coworking, Industry 4.0 and digitalization, work-life balance
Specification of a successful candidate:
- In the past three years the candidate spent at least two years in another country than the Czech Republic on half-time or full-time job (work load 0,5 or more) or to study;
- A PhD degree outside the Czech Republic;
- The successful candidate will hold a PhD in social sciences (no later than 7 years from the defence of the doctoral thesis);
- Adequate publishing activity incl. at minimum two publications (WoS/Scopus/ERIH) in the last 3 years;
- Active knowledge of English (in both written and oral form), other languages gain advantage;
- Experience in basic research in some of the above mentioned areas;
- International collaboration and academic stay experience;
- Ability to work in a team.
We also offer:
- 5 sick days;
- 15 days off;
- meal vouchers;
- TEP – sport activities.
The candidate will send the following documents to associate professor Robert Antonín no later than 15th May 2018.
- Curriculum vitae in English
- List of academic publications
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
For further information, please contact associate Robert Antonín.
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing of the submitted documents. The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of the selection. The employer is entitled to cancel the tender without giving any reasons or not to select any of candidates.