Postdoc Research Fellow – Humanities (History, Philology/Art History/Philosophy/Regional Studies)
- 24-month duration, full-time
- Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava
- Reální 5, 701 03 Ostrava - Moravská Ostrava, Czech Republic
- doc. Mgr. Robert Antonín, Ph.D.
- Gross monthly salary will be 65 000 CZ, it is approx. 2 549 EUR at the exchange rate of 25,5 CZ /EUR
- Application opening: 20th March 2018
- Application deadline: 18th April 2018
- Position opening: position is available from 21st May 2018 or by agreement
Additional information on the work position:
The successful candidate will join one of the departments or research centres at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava focusing on research in humanities, more precisely in the following areas:
- Economic and Social History in particular with regard to the historical process of modernization
- Medieval Society and Culture in particular with regard to the research of sociocultural horizons of medieval Europeans from all strata of society
- Regional Studies in particular with regard to the research of regionalism and the role of regions in literature and culture
Research of Professional Language in particular with regard to exploring professional language in English and German with an emphasis on the changing characteristics of professional and expert discourse in the era of globalization.
Quantitative and comparative linguistics in particular with regard to the syntax analysis
Linguistic research in English/German/Spanish/French/Russian/Polish language
Research of English, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Polish literature.
Specification of a successful candidate:
- In the past three years the candidate spent at least two years in another country than the Czech Republic on half-time or full-time job (work load 0,5 or more) or to study;
- A PhD degree outside the Czech Republic;
- The successful candidate will hold a PhD in humanities (no later than 7 years from the defence of the doctoral thesis);
- Adequate publishing activity incl. at minimum two publications (WoS/Scopus/ERIH) in the last 3 years;
- Active knowledge of English (in both written and oral form), other languages gain advantage;
- Experience in basic research in some of the above mentioned areas;
- International collaboration and academic stay experience;
- Ability to work in a team.
We also offer:
- 5 sick days;
- 30 days off;
- meal vouchers;
- TEP – sport activities.
The candidate will send the following documents to associate professor Robert Antonín no later than 18th April 2018.
- Curriculum vitae in English
- List of academic publications
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
For further information, please contact associate Robert Antonín.
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing of the submitted documents. The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of the selection. The employer is entitled to cancel the tender without giving any reasons or not to select any of candidates.