Postdoc at the Department of Theoretical Research
Centre of Excellence IT4Innovations Division University of Ostrava Institute for Research and Applications of Fuzzy Modeling announces newly open project-based postdoc position.
- Position #1 - Postdoc at the Department of Theoretical Research
Deep mathematical foundations related to fuzzy modelling and computational intelligence in general, such as topological dynamics.
- to speak English,
- to publish scientific papers,
- to present achieved results at conferences.
- Duration of the position covered by project: 24 months (starting from March 2018 at earliest).
- Possible prolongation of the contract: Yes (under institutional conditions not determined by the project).
- Salary: competitive salary comparable with other EU countries.
Requirements given by the project:
- Ph.D. degree obtained less than 7 years ago (this is prolonged for the length of maternity/paternity leaves).
- Work experience from a country different from the Czech Republic – at least 2 out of the last 3 years, the applicant necessarily had to spend as a researcher (min. 0.5FTE) or a Ph.D. student abroad.
- Publication activity – at least 2 publications in the last 3 years
Accepted postdoc will be supposed to intensively participate on research and publication activities of the Institute and to intensively participate on developing new theories.
We search only for an excellent scientist who is already very active and successful in mathematical theories.
Choosing the postdoc among applicants:
If an applicant meets the requirements given by the project a committee consisting of three senior members of the Institute will evaluate applicants.
How to apply for the postdoc position:
Applicant is supposed to submit (only in electronic version) the following documents:
- scanned Ph.D. diploma (official English confirmation may be additionally required),
- a cover letter,
- structured CV in PDF format,